Topic: General Posts

Subject: Seeking a Controller for Cherry Hill NJ area
Steve Vogel
Member: 2006
Submitted on 09-26-17 9:57 am
A high tech company seeking a controller to report to the CFO.

Start-up experience is important.

Computer Software experience highly desired

HR benefits management a must

Accounting degree or credential important

Five years management experience

Should be able to handle audits, taxes and be fairly strong in IT

Excel skills critical

Some Powerpoint, ERP and HR systems needed

Compensation $100k plus bonus depending upon relevant experience.

In a cover letter address the requirements above and salary expectations.

Must live within commuting distance from Cherry Hill, NJ.

Replies
Simon Bielesch
Member: 2002

Subject: Re:Seeking a Controller for Cherry Hill NJ area

Submitted on 10-03-17 4:53 pm.
Dear Mr. Vogel,

With interest in the Cherry Hill Controller position as here presented on FENG, I'm writing you to in confidence of attaining a conversation addressing my fit for this opportunity.

Through key Accounting Management roles, I have obtained expertise in developing financial/analytical reporting packages to ownership, marketing, and operations management along with directing as many as eight (8) within the accounting and credit departments. Primary experiences have come with entrepreneurial inspired private Companies in the $15M to $60M revenue range. In addition to Financial Reporting, (over 150 closes performed and over 10 year-end audits represented), Internal Controls, Forecast Modeling and Financial Analysis has accompanied my Accounting Operations supervisions. Analysis and Modeling skills utilize advanced Excel tools and functions, especially working with large data sets.

International and domestic reporting responsibilities have included extensive liaison with legal, risk, tax, audit and banking/investing constituents. Several positions have included not just oversight, but management of certain HR and Benefit areas. Due Diligence performance (see J.H. Cohn LLP….) has also provided me proficiencies in performing key business analysis that provides salient assessments of economic health and performance.

Although my recent experiences have been contractual engagements, I am very eager to provide my services on a permanent basis. Recently, I played a significant role in an Interim Controller position (10 Months) for a $60M manufacturer, while bringing Accounting systems and processes into the organization following their spin-off from a multi-industry Enterprise. My most recent engagement was for a Software Company as Accounting manager (18 months). 

My systems experience has been mainly with Great Plains, PeachTree, QuickBooks Enterprise and certain ERP systems not readily recognized (customized). I have had moderate exposures to Oracle and to Hyperion. I passed all sections on the CPA examination and am grandfathered for certification pending additional CPE.

Most significantly, I consider myself to be an open/participative style manager. You would find me to have the maturity to deal with demanding and difficult situations, the attitude that brings enthusiasm to staff and a confidence that allows for effective communication and decision making. 

Again, I welcome a conversation regarding myself, your Company and this responsible post. Thank You!

Sincerely, Simon

Simon Bielesch, MBA

267-934-4920

David Waltzer
Member: 2005

Submitted on 10-04-17 10:54 am.
Are you still looking, my last controller lives in the area and is looking

Rod Zbikowski
Member: 2017

Submitted on 10-24-17 1:56 pm.
I live in Whiting New Jersey and believe I have the experience for this position.

Please send me info as to where I can send my resume. My email is rodszb@gmail.com

OUR SPONSORS:

cfo