Any more than someone would write “Please Broadcast Widely” at the top of their resume, putting “Confidential” is just as silly in many ways. I’m sure that this is written up somewhere as the appropriate thing to do, so I am not faulting anyone who does it, but it really is unnecessary. It is just as silly to not show your current employer and to put in something like “Major Manufacturer.” It is unfortunate, but those doing search these days have even less time for mysteries than those who were doing it before the Great Recession set in. The volume of email and paperwork that crosses one’s desk today is beyond belief. If you want to get yourself excluded from [ Read more… ]
- Putting your own mask on first
- What do you do exactly? And, who are you?
- Crawling out from under their rocks
- The ingratitude of superiors
- Change – The only constant
- Geese and golden eggs
- Handling customer objections
- What’s the big rush?
- Creating an inner circle of friends
- What I did on my summer vacation