I always find it interesting during 90-second announcements how nearly identical are the descriptions of “ideal jobs” when compared to the one a member has most recently left. Since we are all financial folks, I guess it shouldn’t surprise me. As history based individuals, it is hard to have any view of the world that isn’t colored by our past experience. Add to this the fact that we KNOW what we have been doing, but are not aware of ALL the possibilities out in the world. On the flipside, some members claim to be “all things to all people,” when clearly their background only lends itself to very narrow applications. A job search needs to be viewed as a new [ Read more… ]
- Putting your own mask on first
- What do you do exactly? And, who are you?
- Crawling out from under their rocks
- The ingratitude of superiors
- Change – The only constant
- Geese and golden eggs
- Handling customer objections
- What’s the big rush?
- Creating an inner circle of friends
- What I did on my summer vacation