One of our very most important audiences are members of the search community who are registered as Friends of The FENG. When you communicate with these folks, briefly, you are expected to behave yourself. Members of The FENG are expected to only respond when reasonably qualified. What does this mean? If you wouldn’t hire you for the job in question, don’t respond. Job leads are unfortunately a beauty contest of sorts. With all the well qualified people who are out there in the world, the candidate pool is deep. Let me give you a recruiter’s perspective on how one might go through a pile of resumes. The first criteria is industry. Hopefully you have put a one line descriptor after [ Read more… ]
- Putting your own mask on first
- What do you do exactly? And, who are you?
- Crawling out from under their rocks
- The ingratitude of superiors
- Change – The only constant
- Geese and golden eggs
- Handling customer objections
- What’s the big rush?
- Creating an inner circle of friends
- What I did on my summer vacation