The FENG Houston (The Woodlands), TX Chapter
10/28/2020 – 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM (Reserve a spot at this event)
Topic: Regional Economic Update
About the Houston (The Woodlands), TX Chapter
The Woodlands chapter covers The Woodlands and surrounding areas north of Houston.
We hold monthly business morning meetings (except November and December) and quarterly evening social mixers.
1. BUSINESS MEETINGS: The Woodlands Chapter meets every 4th Wednesday of the month (no meetings in November and December). CPE Credit will be available, courtesy of Calvetti Ferguson.
Time: 7:15 am-10:00 am
- 7:15 am – 7:35 am: Networking
- 7:35 am – 7:50 am: Chapter Announcements and Self-Introductions
- 7:50 am – 8:40 am: Speakers' Presentation
- 8:40 am – 9:00 am: Networking
- 9:00 am – 9:55 am: JSWT - Job Search Work Team
Breakfast / Coffee Sponsor: The Talance Group is a boutique search and consulting firm that offers both Direct Hire and Contract placement of Finance/Accounting and Information Technology professionals. Our focus is solely in the Houston area, with extensive knowledge of our city’s talent pool, job market, companies and industries. The Talance Group has been named one of Houstons Fast 100 3 years in a row and is recognized as one of Houston's best places to work by the HBJ.
The Talance Group
2. SOCIAL MIXERS: We meet Quarterly for our evening social meetings:
Time: 6:00pm-8:00 pm
The Talance Group
Co-chair - Bryan Valencia, Calvetti Ferguson, (832-742-2400 - email@example.com)
Co-chair - Jim Anderson, B2B CFO (954-661-5709 - firstname.lastname@example.org)
Co-chair - Bartho van Otterdyk, BVO Global Solutions, (281-222-1538 - email@example.com)
VP Membership - Mark Kerr, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jim Anderson
- Bryan Valencia
- Bryan has over 30 years of professional experience and serves as the Tax Partner-in-Charge at Calvetti Ferguson. He provides a comprehensive array of tax planning and consulting services to both public and private companies, including specialized support in the areas of research and development (R&D) tax credits and incentives, Section 199 domestic production activities deductions (DPAD), and accounting for income taxes under ASC 740 / FAS 109 and uncertain tax positions (UTPs) / FIN 48. He assists clients with proactive tax planning.
Bryan has developed a focus in the manufacturing and distribution, energy, information and technology, and other industries. He has significant experience assisting clients with Internal Revenue Service and other tax authority examinations, appeals and other controversy matters. His professional experience also includes international and federal tax planning and compliance when he previously worked for a large publicly-traded corporation.
- Bartho van Otterdyk
- Bartho van Otterdyk is an accomplished finance and accounting practitioner with extensive multinational and multi-industry experience.
His industry expertise includes Healthcare, Oil & Gas, Mining, Telecommunications, Manufacturing and Software development. These corporations have ranged in size from technology start-ups to Fortune global 500 companies.
Bartho’s international experience includes financial management of operations in Australia, North America, South America, Asia and the European Union.
- Mark Kerr
06:00 PM to 07:30 PM
For Meeting Information,