The FENG San Diego, CA Chapter
12/04/2018 – 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM (Reserve a spot at this event)
PwC is near the 805, just off of Scranton Road, a block north of Mira Mesa Boulevard, close to Qualcomm and Karl Strauss.
- Just off of 805 and Mira Mesa Blvd.
- If coming north on 805, exit Sorrento Valley Road
- Go straight at the signal and turn into the driveway for the two buildings you see on the right
- Once in the garage, drive to the left to the second set of elevators, to the East Tower.
- Take the elevator to the Plaza level and then switch to the bank of elevators to the 3rd floor.
- There is ample free parking in the garage or in the adjacent parking lot near the Scranton/Mira Mesa Food Court.
- Parking is Free.
About the San Diego, CA Chapter
San Diego, with 1.3 million residents, is the second largest city in California, and the eighth largest in the U.S. The county has over 2.8 million people, spread across over 4,000 square miles from the ocean to the desert. It’s a city and county with a rich history, a vibrant present and an exciting future.
Welcome to the San Diego Chapter of FENG, the Financial Executives Networking Group. We currently have 771 members, including San Diego residents as well as many remote members interested in following the goings-on of our SD chapter. Our goal is to be the premier networking resource for finance executives in the Greater San Diego Area. We provide ongoing career management services and a forum for financial executive networking, as well as helping our members with job search and transition support through the distribution of a large number of SD area job postings.
San Diego FENG members benefit directly from the support available from the National FENG organization, as well as the presence of the four other southern California FENG chapters. The national group provides a daily newsletter, including a featured editorial article of topical interest to financial execs, announcements and Q&A from members, and senior level financial job postings around the world. Social networking and internet connectivity have made professional networking an even more powerful career management tool. It is a time-tested method, providing the single best source of business and job opportunities. The ties among our members, and between our members and those of the other SoCal chapters, are many and frequent.
Here are some details about our local chapter:
The San Diego FENG Chapter draws from a deep and geographically diverse pool of senior management talent and financial disciplines, including corporate finance, private and public accounting, FP&A, financial services, M&A, auditing, SOX compliance, IFRS convergence planning, tax and treasury. Out-of-town residents with an active interest in San Diego are welcome to join and attend any group events.
The San Diego Chapter of FENG exists under the purview of the national FENG, a 501c(3) not-for-profit organization. The San Diego Chapter is run by a board of directors, with each BoD member holding a specific portfolio.
Meeting Dates, Time and Location:
With rare exceptions, we meet the first Tuesday of each month (or the second Tuesday when the first Monday of the month is a holiday), at 8:00am-10:00am at the offices of PricewaterhouseCoopers in the Sorrento Valley area of central San Diego. Meetings begin with half an hour of networking, followed by personal introductions and a guest speaker(s) on a topic of timely interest.
Meetings are for members, prospective members and invited guests only. For non-members, RSVP is required by writing to chapter chair, Dan Ruchman at DRuchman@aol.com. Please include a one or two sentence description of who you are, and your interest in attending the meeting.
Periodically we meet at the UCSD Faculty Club for an evening of networking, hors d'oeuvres, a no host bar, and an informative presentation by some leading authorities on subjects of interest to our members.
Yahoo Groups – we have two groups: San Diego FENG Announcements, for members wishing to receive just meeting announcements; and San Diego FENG Leads, for members wishing to know about meetings as well as SD-area job postings.
- Dan Ruchman
- Dan Ruchman is a financial management consultant helping companies with a full range of financial and accounting-related issues, sometimes serving as interim or parttime CFO, always lighting their path to stronger short and longterm profitability. In his consulting practice of Ruchman & Associates, he serves as a trusted advisor to CEOs and CFOs, helping them develop their business plans, reorganize their finances and jump-start their businesses. He is passionate about helping companies plan their growth, model their business, control operations, analyze and solve problems and increase profitability. With 25+ years of financial management experience in both large and small companies, his background includes strategic and operational planning, financial reporting, venture and bank financing, financial analysis, investor relations, other areas. He was vice president finance and administration at Phyton Biotech, director of financial planning and analysis for Bausch & Lomb, group controller at Computer Consoles, and CFO at Inslaw, a software firm. He graduated from Princeton University, and holds an MBA from the Yale School of Management. He resides in San Diego, is active in a number of professional organizations, and is on the liberal arts advisory board of the Rochester Institute of Technology. And when goaded, Dan can also play some mean blues and rock 'n' roll on the piano.
- Jim Carr
- Orlando Kleen
For Meeting Information,