The FENG Banking S.I.G.
04/14/2020 – 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM (Reserve a spot at this event)
757 Third Avenue is between 47th and 48th Streets, near Grand Central Terminal
About the Banking S.I.G.
The Banking SIG is comprised of Senior Banking, Broker Dealer, and other Financial services professionals.
757 Third Avenue (between 47th and 48th Streets) -
New York, NY 10017
Teleconferencing instructions - for those unable to attend, but would like to listen to the speaker
Teleconference starts at: 5:00 pm EST
United States Toll (605) 313-6317
Access code: 396320
Please mute your phones *6.
ALWAYS check the particular meeting details to ensure that teleconferencing will be offered. Some meetings due to their format or location may not support teleconferencing.
We endeavor to have monthly networking meetings with guest speakers in NYC. The meetings cover themes of interest impacting banks, Thrifts, Hedge Funds, Assset and Alternative Funds Management firms, broker dealer, Investment banks,and other financial services organizations. Themes cover the role of:
- Audit and risk management
- Compliance & corporate governance
- Treasury/asset-liability management pre and post financial crisis
- Managing relations with regulators(central banks) and auditors
- Managing pension plans/investment management process
- Role of credit risk monitoring including real estate and commercial loans
- Importance of conservative lending and good underwriting standards
- Role of boards in properly overseeing Banks and Financial Institution counterparties
- Quantify/measure and properly assess trading risk
- New trends/issues impacting banks/financial institutions.
Typically meetings in New York City are held the 3rd Tuesday of the month based on venue and speaker availability. The purpose is to inform, engage audience, create a meaningful Q&A and good interaction between speakers and audience with a pre-post card exchange/greeting with speakers and members of audience thus increasing interaction and networking for all involved. We encourage FENG members to get involved and contribute with ideas, speakers, venue selection or other suggestions as needed. The speakers are "experts" in their respective areas of interest and we try to attract an audience with knowledge, expertise and strong interest in theme discussed but meetings are open to all FENG members on a first come, first serve basis.
In addition, the Banking SIG may have a business card/meet and greet event on a sporadic basis thus allowing FENG members to meet each other, network and exchange views with other banking/FI professionals in an unstructured, relaxed setting. In addition to helping FENG members network with each other and guest speakers of interest, we aim to educate and inform all banking SIG members on new trends that shape financial services industry on a day to day basis.
- Doug Zucker