Topic: Charlotte, NC

Subject: Tips for Networking on LinkedIn
Don Minges
Member: 2009
Submitted on 09-01-11 1:46 pm
These are the suggestions from a self-taught guru on LinkedIn. Feel free to contact Dennis or me with any questions.
Don Minges
===============

Effective Networking on LinkedIn

I have transitioned from a reserved CFO to a less reserved one as a result of Networking. Here are some key objectives that I want to share with you.

1.) You must have an up to date and well written resume. Keep in mind that if you don't capture their attention in the first five or six inches then you lose them. If you need a resume referral, I can refer you to an individual who is awesome.

2.) Sign up on LinkedIn and take the information from your resume and put it on your site. LinkedIn is a valuable tool when it comes to Networking.

3.) Join LinkedIn Groups of Like Mind and / or industry experience.

4.) Reach out to individuals in your group via an inmail and ask them to meet you for coffee. Comment on their exprertise and ask if you can meet them for coffee so you can learn more about what they do and how you can help. Also, ask them if it would be okay to tell those in your LinkedIn group about what they do and give their web site - no phone numbers or e-mail addresses.

5.) If they offer leads or other individuals to whom you should reach out, make sure to thank them. Also, when you do meet with their referrals, give them the courtesy of letting them know when you met with them. Also, make sure you know what they do and refer them respectably.

6.) Always send a hand written thank you to thank them for their time and include your business card.

7.) You may want to think about putting a Power Point on your LinkedIn profile to emphasize what you can do for them.

8.) Also, I recommend subscribing to the local Business Journal and send a note to about 15 individuals in the weekly issue. Congratulate people who have been promoted and pick a few companies that are being featured that week. Ask them to meet you for coffee.

9.) Attend Networking Events regularly so you are in front of people on a routine basis.

10.) Make sure that all of your outgoing e-mails have a bit about what you do in your signature line and your contact information.

11.) Make sure to schedule your meetings accurately and always send an e-mail the day before to confirm the meeting place and time and don't ever be late.

12.) Become known as a person who helps others and that it is not all about you.

These are a few things that have helped me. If you would like more information or to meet me to discuss and / or a phone call, I would be happy to speak with you. I am a CFO in transition and know what you are going through.

Let me know how I can help you.

Dennis E Collins
MrDennisECollins@cox.net
480-399-8888

Replies
Tom Maupin
Member: 1999

Subject: Re:Tips for Networking on LinkedIn

Submitted on 09-02-11 4:39 pm.
Good stuff. I will be conducting an Advanced LinkedIn workshop for FENG members here in Charlotte before year end.
Regards,
Tom Maupin, Chairman FENG Charlotte Chapter

Subu Seetharaman
Member: 2011

Subject: Re:Tips for Networking on LinkedIn

Submitted on 10-05-11 6:27 am.

I'm a member, but I live outside USA. How could we learn from your expertise ? is there a presentation or something that you can share ...

regards
Subu

OUR SPONSORS:

cfo