Topic: General Posts

Subject: Looking to change careers
Angela Nash
Member: 2011
Submitted on 11-28-11 3:32 pm

I have been in the automotive industry for my entire career (past 5 years as Controller of a dealership). I am looking to move into the banking industry and I am seeking advice as to the best way to do this. It is always hard jumping industry, but I do not believe it is impossible. Any advice you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Angela Nash

Replies
Jeff Bata

Subject: Re:Looking to change careers

Submitted on 11-29-11 5:06 pm.

If it were me I would start with who I know in banking /financial services industry...talk to them first. Who else could be helpful...use LinkedIn to search for controllers/ finanical individuals in this industry in your city / area and see if they would network with you to share insight and information. Associations and other professional groups assocaited with banking / financial services industry antoher possible good spot to pick up info and ask questions about career switch. Lastly, recruitors / head hunters who focus on that industry might be helpful.

Good luck!

Jeff Bata

Angela Nash

Submitted on 11-30-11 8:56 am.

~Angela

Dave Goldin
Member: 2003

Submitted on 12-05-11 10:08 pm.
Angela, what part of the banking industry interests you? I met some bankers at an FEI meeting tonight and their world (asset-based lending, medium-sized company commercial lending, etc.) is way different than a controller role, but if you can give us more details, maybe we can develop some links that will help you market yourself.

OUR SPONSORS:

cfo