Topic: General Posts

Subject: Spencer Stewart & Coon
Tom Wellman
Member: 2009
Submitted on 05-25-10 11:17 pm
I was recently approached by Spencer Stewart & Coon with a pitch for job placement services. The pitch was well polished and the firm seems to have a good reputation, but before pursuing any arrangements with the firm, I'm curious if any FENG members have found their services useful (particularly for C level searches).

Replies
Craig Stuver

Subject: Re:Spencer Stewart

Submitted on 06-01-10 8:41 am.
I talked to them some months ago and was reasonably impressed with the sales pitch, but just couldn't justify the price for their services and didn't push the button.

Regards,

Craig Stuver
Pittsburgh, PA

Bill Snell
Member: 2008

Submitted on 06-02-10 2:36 pm.
I did push the button. What I got out of it was a resume and a lot of supporting documentation (all of which I wrote), but not one interview. They have a website to highlight your resume (et al) but without notice, they remove my materials on that website with no notice, while my resume still referenced the website! This happened just recently, and when I tried to correct the matter, no phone calls were returned. I intend to contact the CEO to see if he will listen.

Preston Kavanagh
Member: 2008

Submitted on 06-08-10 12:31 pm.
The name sure looks like a copyright infringement of Spencer Stuart! That should be a tipoff as to the character of the services.

Alan Abels
Member: 2010

Submitted on 06-08-10 3:57 pm.
I too was approached by them and did interview Fred Coon on a couple of occasions. Agreed that the approach is polished, but again I've been taken in by another such firm and couldn't justify the cost. I think they are just looking to take advanatage of someone out of work.

Mike Kubic
Member: 1998

Submitted on 06-16-10 4:55 pm.
I think its Stewart, Cooper & Coon. I signed on with them and been at it for about 6 weeks. I actually think they have done a pretty good job. You go through a process with them that is a series of steps: building resume, target companies, interviewing techniques, negotiations and so forth. Meeting with them twice a week for an hour and just did my site visit in Phoenix. Lots of stuff on the behavioral side of things, not what you did but how you did it. At the end it still comes down to networking as we all know, so how valuable are the tools they give you to work with?

Cannot tell you if it works yet because I'm still looking. If you want to see some of the product here is my web portfolio: http://webprofile.info/mkubic/

Any questions drop me a line:

Mike Kubic
mdkube@yahoo.com

Dave Morgan

Submitted on 07-05-10 3:37 pm.
Worthless. They do not tell you anything that you cannot learn for free by reading several C-level recruiting advisory web sites. I put them in the same league as Resume Spider.

Ron Kwiatkowski

Submitted on 07-19-10 6:31 pm.
I was solicited by Stewart Cooper, and Coon and spoke with Fred Coon several times. I did a search on them and found complaints on Ripoff Report( http://www.ripoffreport.com/Bait-and-Switch/Stewart-Cooper-Coon/investigation-stewart-cooper-4d5j4.htm ) which Fred did a reasonable job defending. I ultimately did not make the investment as it was too expensive.. If the cost were cut by 50% I would have pursued it.

James Schwartz

Submitted on 07-27-10 9:04 am.
I too was approached by them and did some due diligence. The website looks terrific and the testimonials are of course all stellar, but as with others, I just could not justify the cost. At the time I was contacted by them it was early on in my transition, so the thought that I had some visibility was nice. However, that timing was also while I was still in outplacement. Played telephone tag with one of their senior people for over 2 weeks and just never got connected and I did not purue it.

Dave Rakowski

Submitted on 07-28-10 3:08 pm.
I did push the button some 2 months ago and joined. To date I have liked their service but the end game is results and there have been none. Love my resume and webpage they did for me but again, no results. Paid for 50 companies they would direct market me too, they have done 15 so far.

Getting the impression this market is all about networking and who you know, it is not a lack of effort on their part but I could be in the same position without hiring them. I don't regret it but hope something breaks soon.

If you want more information, let me know. I can forward you my webpage etc.. to show you what they did. Email is darakowski2000@yahoo.com.

Dave

OUR SPONSORS:

cfo