HI FENG TEAM for RETAILING:
An industry leader in providing VIP access and premium tickets to concerts, Broadway theater, red carpet premieres and sporting events worldwide is actively seeking a Comptroller!. The role is located in Midtown Manhattan and the company has revenues of $85 million. The role reports to the Chief Financial Officer with the following responsibilities:
CPA a Must
At least 10+ years of experience as a CPA
Proficient with QuickBooks
Proficient with MS Excel and Pivot Tables
Proficient with MS PowerPoint
Supervise one Senior Accountant
Senior Accountant Supervision
Day to day accounting activity
Month End Close
Chart of Accounts Maintenance
Record Bank Transfers (of which there are many in and out) and properly book into QuickBooks and the proprietary POS in house software.
The base salary targeted for this opportunity is $125,000-$150,000. Only local candidates will be considered. It appears that the ideal candidate will come from the wholesaling and/or retail realm. Please be sure to carefully read and follow ALL instructions included in the How To Apply section below, paying particular attention to item number 5. Unless you meet the requirements listed there, do not apply.
NOTE: This opportunity was published and already appeared in last week's newsletter. I AM not connected with this firm directly, however, I was asked by a fellow alumni member to help shuttle the search for a wider pool of candidates!
HOW TO APPLY (Please carefully READ and FOLLOW all instructions 1 to 8 below if you wish to be considered):
1. Qualified and interested members should apply to me by email to: Henry.firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, but in no event later than 5PM EDT, Tuesday October 20th.
2. The subject of your email MUST be: Controller-Entertainment/Tickets-NYC
3. Attach your resume as a Word document file named: LastNameFirstName.doc (i.e. for John Smith: SmithJohn.doc - no additional words like resume or the date). Alternatively, you may attach a .pdf file if you have one. It should be similarly named LastNameFirstName.pdf.
4. Your email should be your cover note – please do not attach a separate cover letter or any documents other than your resume.
5. Previous experience as a Controller in a wholesaling/retailing environment is REQUIRED. In addition you must be local (currently live within commuting distance). Unless you meet these requirements, do not apply as we won’t be able to present you to our client.
6. Additionally, all replies must include your compensation requirements and availability.
7. Only members of The FENG will be considered. You may forward this to other members of The FENG if you are aware of their backgrounds and/or interest in this kind of opportunity.
8. Thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview or other follow up will be contacted. No status requests or phone calls, please.