Topic: General Posts

Subject: Request for Feedback on Consulting Services Firm in PA
Joe Moynihan
Member: 2002
Submitted on 11-04-15 7:35 pm
Hi Fellow FENG Members:

A consulting firm called Personal Marketing Associates, LLC located in King of Prussia (PA) wants to help me with my resume preparation, LinkedIn profile and other outplacement type of services.

If anyone used this firm in the past please share your experience. Their services are not cheap, there are too many charlatans in the idustry and I want to feel more comfortable before considering them.

Thank you,

Joe Moynihan

Replies
Rosemary McGreevy
Member: 2004

Subject: Re:Request for Feedback on Consulting Services Firm in PA

Submitted on 11-09-15 9:51 am.
Good Morning Joe,

I just recently used the "free" FENG resume review service.  The person who review my resume may excellent recommendations to revise my resume and I have presented my resume and have gotten very good responses.  You may want to try this service via sending your resume to the FENG office and they pass it on to the reviewing experts.

Kind regards, Rosemary

Jim Schwartz
Member: 1999

Subject: Re:Request for Feedback on Consulting Services Firm in PA

Submitted on 11-09-15 8:44 pm.
Joe,

I don't know this firm but you have already identified the charlatan risk, a high probability in such cases. Anybody who wants to charge you a lot of money for these services probably qualifies for that label. As someone else suggested, try The FENG resume review service. You may also be able to get similar free or inexpensive help from the career center of your university or grad school. And, there are lots of books in the library that will provide the information and assistance you seek.

There is a series of three classes (FREE!) through BENG, another networking group based in central and southeastern PA, about improving and managing your Linkedin presence. Find details and schedules at www.lynnemwilliams.com or on Lynne's Linkedin page. Lynne also provides 1:1 help for a fee if you really need it. I don't know what she charges but expect it would be substantially less than the cost you have been quoted. 

Jim Schwartz

OUR SPONSORS:

cfo