Topic: General Posts

Subject: Payroll Outsourcing, Job-costing and Data Imports, Construction Industry
Steve Jones
Member: 2016
Submitted on 11-30-16 12:34 pm
Greetings,

I'm reaching out to the group in hopes of talking with someone with experience in the construction industry (we're in heavy civil and big-dirt) who has successfully outsourced payroll (for instance, to ADP, Paychex, or other), and has been able to maintain full functionality of job-costing, specifically as it applies to labor hours, direct and indirect labor costs and expenses.  What I'm looking for is clarification on how labor costs are applied to the jobs, if you're using the time-keeping system within your own ERP or using the payroll service's time-keeping system, how you're handling the application of labor and labor burden to jobs, etc.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thx

Steve Jones

720-261-7800

Replies
Kevin Kavanagh
Member: 2017

Subject: Re:Payroll Outsourcing, Job-costing and Data Imports, Construction Industry

Submitted on 08-26-19 2:59 pm.
We are now in the same boat.  Currently looking at ADP, Paylocity and Paycom.  Who did you guys finally choose?

Bob Shultz
Member: 2002

Subject: Re:Payroll Outsourcing, Job-costing and Data Imports, Construction Industry

Submitted on 09-05-19 4:55 pm.
I have checked and the Benefit Mall may provide what you are looking for.  Let me know and I can connect you.

Robert Shultz

Tom Fitzgerald
Member: 2003

Submitted on 09-19-19 9:02 pm.
One of my clients has had good experience with Paylocity (this is my first exposure to Paylocity).  We run projet reports and billing so need the ability to track hours by project which I suspect is similar to requirements in the construction industry.  

OUR SPONSORS:

cfo