Topic: Chicago (Downtown), IL
Please note that I know Steve Callisher so qualified candidates who know me well (and I know you well) feel free to mention my name when reaching out for this opportunity.
Controller – Hospitality industry, multi-location, mid-market sized organization – based in an attractive suburb of Chicago
We’re looking for a successful Accounting/Financial Management professional ideally with Corporate and multi-location/state field experience at the Controller level who will report directly to the CFO and oversee a small staff in Accounting and payroll.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supervise and participate in the preparation of various financial statements and reports.
Oversee the activities of corporate accounting; including general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll.
Direct internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls and oversee all related compliance including completion of annual audit.
- Review monthly accounting close process monthly operating results.
- Preparation of the year to date cash flow.
- Perform cash projections to effectively manage cash balances and maximize the return on any excess cash balances.
Supervise billings to clients for services provided and bill clients monthly for permitted reimbursements.
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls.
Performs periodic audits of payroll and accounting activities.
Assist the CFO with the management of corporate finances, investments and treasury.
Provides other departmental and company units with related information required by them to carry out their assigned responsibilities.
- Oversees tax obligations and reporting, including working with outside tax firm.
- Recommends and implements techniques to improve processes and productivity.
- 12+ years of experience in financial and accounting management.
- 5+ years applicable accounting experience, preferably in multi-location hospitality, property management or retail industries
Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Proven leadership with at least five years of experience and excellent organizational skills, preferably demonstrated with an organization of similar size/complexity.
- Ability to analyze/solve problems and work in a fast paced environment.
Excellent communications with all levels of the organization including board of directors.
Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills..
Solid project management skills.
Steve Callisher, email@example.com