Topic: Tampa, FL
I am looking for a controller for one of my clients, Meridian Asset Services, in St. Petersburg. The pay is a little lower than the FENG minimum, but the position will grow into the CFO role. I have the job posted on Indeed. Here are the ad:
We are a profitable and growing business in St. Petersburg looking for a controller who wants an opportunity to make a significant impact in the company.
Meridian Asset Services delivers specialized mortgage asset services including property valuations, diligence, collateral and document services, REO asset management, loan oversight, data management and technology solutions, document review, preparation, imaging and recording. Since 2000, Meridian has maximized the performance of mortgage and real estate portfolios by providing customized strategies for their clients.
This roll will start with controller duties but will grow into the CFO role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage and develop the accounting staff
• Plan, supervise and execute month-end close process
• Prepare monthly financial statements
• Analyze results versus budget and/or forecast
• Ensure compliance with GAAP and maintain effective internal controls
• Manage and inventory fixed assets
• Cash forecasting
• Assist in preparing periodic bank reporting requirements
• Coordinate with external CPA and compile tax schedules
• Assist in preparation of annual budgets and periodic forecasts
• Perform analysis on cost savings initiatives, vendor contracts and other ad hoc analysis
• Improve the quality and speed of the close process and financial reporting
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 10 years of work experience
• Excellent understanding of GAAP and experience with financial reporting
• Cost accounting experience
• Thrives in fast paced environment
• "Out of the box" thinker
• Able to use influence rather than authority to motivate people
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Saint Petersburg, FL
- Accounting: 10 years
Required license or certification:
- CPA or CMA
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- Are you in Saint Petersburg, FL?
- Have you completed the following level of education: Bachelor's?
- How many years of Accounting experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: CPA or CMA?
Please let me know if you know anyone you would recommend.