About KIPP ENC Schools
KIPP ENC Schools is a growing network of public charter schools in Eastern North Carolina. Our mission is to ensure our students develop the knowledge, skills, and character needed to succeed in the college of their choice, strengthen their communities and fight for social justice.
The Knowledge is Power Program (KIPP) began in 1994 in Houston, Texas. Today, there are 141 KIPP schools across the nation serving more than 50,000 students. KIPP ENC Schools currently manages 6 schools in North Hampton, Halifax and Durham Counties and plans to grow to 10 schools over the next ten years.
The Chief Finance & Growth Officer’s (CFGO) primary responsibilities will be to develop strategies for growth and financial health across the region. This position will report to the Executive Director (ED) and work closely the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and regional leaders.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
· Uphold the mission and values of KIPP ENC
· Develop and oversee our schools’ and region’s financial approach to support the overall mission and strategic direction of KIPP ENC
· Develop, evaluate, and communicate short- and long-term fiscal strategies that align with the organization’s established goals
· Develop Board and Finance Committee (FC) materials and present to Board / FC regularly
· Partner with our schools’ and region’s operations teams to ensure compliance with federal, state and local policies
· Provide resource and budget support to leaders to ensure they meet their financial goals
· Plan and lead all major financing transactions and investments
· Generate and review monthly financial statements
· Manage daily, monthly and annual cash flow needs
· Develop and maintain key relationships (Banks, Lenders, Bond Holders, Financial and Legal Advisors, the Department of Public Instruction (DPI), Accountants and Auditors.)
· Advocate at the state and local level to support legislation positively affecting KIPP ENC
· Serve as member of Senior Leadership: attending meetings, participating in strategic decision-making, and serving as an ambassador for KIPP ENC
· Provide inspiring representation of KIPP ENC to its donors, prospects, Development Committee, partner organizations, and volunteers;
· Manage private and government grants;
· Assist with relevant special projects and complete other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Skills and Qualifications
• Unquestioned integrity and commitment to KIPP ENC Schools’ mission.
• 10+ years’ experience in finance and charter schools, preferred.
• Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint. Ability to analyze and report on key financial data.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills. Able to work collaboratively and humbly in support of schools and regions.
• High level of flexibility, with a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit to accommodate a high level of responsibility and multiple priorities.
• Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative.
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package depending on experience and qualifications.
Please send your resume and a detailed cover letter demonstrating your interest in working for KIPP ENC Schools and your unique qualifications for the position, to email@example.com with “Chief Finance & Growth Officer” in the subject line. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.
No phone calls please.