Topic: Chicago (Suburban), IL
Reporting to the Corporate Controller and Chief Accounting Officer, the is responsible for the timely, accurate and efficient preparation of both internal and external financial statements (SEC 10K,10Q Annual report), Littelfuse management reports, supervision of corporate accounting operations (A/P, Cost Accounting) and maintenance of corporate Sarbanes Oxley controls and documentation. This position will manage the close and consolidation process and will help lead projects related to technical and emerging accounting areas, including the new revenue recognition and lease standards, as well as other process improvement efforts. The position interacts with senior management including treasury, tax and investor relations while playing a key role to provide support to the external auditors.
· Supervise the monthly preparation of Consolidated Financial Reports.
· SEC reporting:
o Annual report
o 8K (Press release)
· Monthly management reporting:
o Manufacturing variance analysis
o Budget to actual reporting
o Revenue recognition & analysis
· Assist in managing the corporate close process and review of corporate and consolidation areas, which may include areas such as share based compensation, pension and the annual goodwill impairment analysis.
· Analyze and research new and emerging accounting requirements and their likely impact on the company’s reported results.
· Review unique transactions for the appropriate accounting treatment.
· Prepare technical accounting memos documenting the Company’s conclusions under the relevant accounting guidance.
· Assist in system implementation and process improvement efforts.
· Update and prepare accounting policy and process documentation.
· Develop audit committee materials.
· Assist in the documentation and review of internal controls.
· Coordination with Corporate tax and treasury.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
· CPA required.
· At least 10 years of accounting and financial reporting experience working for a publicly-held corporation and public accounting experience (preferably Big 4).
· SEC reporting experience and current technical accounting research experience required.
· Results oriented, Hands on, Timeline driven.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required with a high level of written communications proficiency.
· Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities and deadlines, with attention to detail and an ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
· Excellent problem solving, analytical and time management skills required.
· Proven ability to respond within short time constraints and meet deadlines, while maintaining accuracy.
· Professional approach with strong supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to attract, retain and develop global talent.
· Previous manufacturing experience.
· Detailed SAP background and proficient in excel is desirable.
The possibility to work in exciting and challenging industry. To develop you professionally and to expand your knowledge through cross-functional collaboration and training experiences.