Topic: Miami (Fort Lauderdale), FL

Subject: I'm looking for an Office Manager; Can you recommend anyone?
Jim Foster
Member: 2004
Submitted on 06-06-18 11:05 am
Office Manager
Wholesale Carrier Services Inc - Coral Springs, FL 33067

SUMMARY: Wholesale Carrier Services is looking for a reliable, well-organized Office Manager to handle day-to-day operations with a focus on service, efficiency and time management. The Office Manager will organize and coordinate office administration and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. The Office Manager is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, and handling the daily operations needs of the office.

The successful candidate demonstrates sound judgment and diplomacy, exercising discretion and self-discipline, and can apply knowledge of the practices and procedures of the company. This person is well organized, flexible and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

• Point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills and errands

• Organize and schedule meetings and appointments, responsible for creating PowerPoint slides and making presentations

• Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time

• Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers

• Responsible for managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved and that clerical functions are properly assigned and monitored

• Establish a historical reference for the office by outlining procedures for protection, retention, record disposal, retrieval and staff transfers

• Ensure office efficiency is maintained by carrying out planning and execution of equipment procurement, layouts and office systems

• Ensure that results are measured against standards, while making necessary changes along the way

• Perform review and analysis of special projects and keep the management properly informed

• Responsible for ensuring office financial objectives are met by preparing annual budget for the office, planning the expenditures, analyzing variances and carrying out necessary corrections that may arise

• Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events

• Establish and monitor procedures for record keeping, ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data

• Prepare operational reports and schedules to ensure efficiency

• Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory, review and approve office supply acquisitions

• Handle customer inquiries and complaints, provide general support to visitors

• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.

QUALIFICATIONS:

• Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or three plus year of related experience

• Expert proficiency in MS Office Visio, Windows Vista/XP. Knowledge of Salesforce.com and/or SharePoint

• Exceptional organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.

• Excellent written and verbal communication skills

Commitment to excellence and high standards.

• Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions

• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.

• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work

Replies
Gary Shatzkin
Member: 2002

Subject: Re:I'm looking for an Office Manager; Can you recommend anyone?

Submitted on 08-08-18 2:59 pm.
Jim,

Just wondering if this position is still open? If it is, please let me know.  I think my wife would be perfect for the role.  She's office manager and head bookkeeper for a local accounting firm here in Coral Springs.  If it's still open, please let me know how she can contact you with her resume.  I can be reached at garyshatzkin@gmail.com or on my cell phone at 954 610 9673.

Best regards,

Gary Shatzkin

OUR SPONSORS:

cfo