Topic: Boston, MA
On behalf of a friend I'm posting this opportunity that may be of interest to FENG members in the Boston Area. Please do not contact me for further details - I have none!
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND HR
Lexington Christian Academy is looking for an experienced accounting and finance professional who has proven track record of successfully running a small department of finance, accounting and benefits personnel. The Director will be responsible for maintaining proper internal control, improving key processes of the Business Office, looking for opportunities to streamline and automate whenever possible and support the strategic and business development. This is a full time exempt position.
· Excellent people management skills with a strong track record of hiring and developing a team
· Customer-centric mindset, both external (families we serve) and internal (employees)
· Strong process management skills with an ability to lead functional areas outside of finance and accounting
· Committed to using technology to streamline and automate
· Positive can-do attitude and solution-orientation
· Ability to communicate clearly, meet deadlines, and multi-task
· Ability to persuade and push back while maintaining professional and collegial demeanor
· High integrity and role model for resourcefulness and stewardship
Finance and Accounting
· Endowment accounting
· Audit preparation
· Annual tax return (990)
· Regulatory & compliance reporting
· Bond covenant reporting
· Insurance and risk mgmt
· Budgeting, operating and capital
· P&L preparation and analysis
· Costing and contract management
· Financial aid and enrollment administration
· General Ledger
· Accounts payable
· Accounts receivable
· Tuition management system and collections
· Bank reconciliation
· Accounting and rolling up of auxiliary revenues using different software (QB, Campwise, etc.)
· Job requisition
· Job posting
· Performance review
· Employee files
· Employee Handbook
· Employment Law Posters
· Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance or equivalent
· CPA or MBA preferred
· 10-15 years of progressively more accountable experience in accounting, reporting, and analysis
· Experience or demonstrated knowledge in education or comparable non-profit is a strong plus
· Outstanding proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of Google Apps
· The Academy uses Senior Systems for its accounting and registrar and ADP for its payroll. Other relevant software includes QuickBooks and CampWise for its auxiliary programs. Although proficiency in these specific software is not a prerequisite, the ability to learn them quickly is a must.
· Recognizing that LCA is strongly committed to historic Christianity, we expect that candidates will subscribe to the Academy’s Statement of Faith, Standards for Christian Living and be members in good standing of a Christian church. (Copies of these documents can be found under our employment section of the LCA website ).
Salary & Benefits
· Salary is negotiable, commensurate with experience and/or qualifications.
· Starting date: Aug 15, 2018
Electronically submit a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, 2 professional references and brief answers to the following questions to:
· Describe your view of Christian education and your commitment to it.
· What motivates you to work in a Christian school?
Lexington Christian Academy 48 Bartlett Avenue
Lexington, MA 02420
Web site: www.lca.edu E-mail: email@example.com
LEXINGTON CHRISTIAN ACADEMY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF SEX, RACE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN.