Topic: General Posts

Subject: Expert witnessing - networking suggestion
Gontran de Quillacq
Member: 2013
Submitted on 11-07-18 9:15 pm
Long time listener, first time caller... I probably should have taken that messaging opportunity a long time ago!

After receiving a few unsolicited requests, I eventually started a legal consulting / expert witnessing business. For those who don't know what that is, I help attorneys and their clients with independent and impartial reviews of cases or documents. There are processes and constraints to follow, notably on the structure of the reports, but testifying in court or at arbitration is the critical part. I am lucky enough to enjoy this stress after two decades on trading floors. I am most valuable on cases where my first career is relevant: investments, portfolio management, derivatives, stock lending, employment-related issues... Current cases include the class actions on the VIX index, the losses of the LJM option fund, the dividend tax fraud in Europe (worth Eur 55 Billion, yes, with a 'B') or portfolio management risks & responsibilities.

Like all consulting activity, business development is a crucial component, especially at the start. It means a lot of hand-shakings and greetings, and I welcome that part too. So if you are interested in such a 'networking conversation' (maybe you are considering this role yourself, or have a friend in need of expertise), then please do reach out to me for a conversation. It's free! And I will actually make that phone call beneficial to you.

I look forward to speaking with you when you reach out. My details are below.

Best,

Gontran de Quillacq

Legal consultant, expert witness, arbitrator

W: (646) 844-1789, C: (732) 533-9066

GdeQuillacq@NavesinkInternational.com

www.NavesinkInternational.com

Replies
 No replies

OUR SPONSORS:

cfo