Topic: San Francisco, CA
Position Title: Manager, J-SOX Compliance
Hitachi America, Ltd. is looking for experienced J-SOX compliance manager. The manager will be responsible for J-SOX and other internal control management assessment to maintain a strong control environment. The position reports to Senior Director, Corporate Finance and Accounting.
· Develop J-SOX compliance plans based on parent’s (Hitachi Ltd.) instruction and compliance guideline.
· Coordinate with Divisional leaders, Process owners and other project members to update project guideline, scoping, and overall project planning.
· Coordinate with process owners regarding JSOX documentation, testing, evaluation, and necessary remediation.
o Ensure documentation is updated in timely manner to reflect changes in the business unit structure, process, etc.
o Assist process owner in documenting process and internal control documentation.
o Perform company level control testing.
o Review and evaluate management testing results for process-level controls.
· Coordinate with consultant (e.g. KPMG) who conduct management testing and support updating internal control documentation.
· Coordinate with external audit firm (e.g. E&Y) to ensure timely completion of J-SOX audit.
· Coordinate Hitachi Ltd. internal audit.
· Point of contact person to evaluate new process change and implementation to ensure internal control is acceptable.
· Review and monitor segregation of duties and provide advice on mitigating controls, as needed.
· Annual and continuous coordination and confirmation of F&A policy and manual update.
· Plan and coordinate J-SOX training as needed.
· Prepare reports within the company and to the parent.
· Maintain documentation management.
· Plan and/or perform periodic self-audit to ensure strong control.
· Other various type of project administrative duties.
· Bachelor or higher degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, related area (CPA a plus).
· 5-10 years of audit experience, preferably at a Big 4 or comparable public accounting firm.
· JSOX or SOX experience.
· Ability to effectively coordinate and manage a program with multiple focus areas under set time constraints.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Project management experience preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal skills (ability to work closely with different organizations, team, consultants, and external auditors).
· Proficient in MS Office Software.
· Travel may be required.
The position is in Brisbane, CA and will relocate to Santa Clara, CA sometime early 2019.