Topic: Orlando, FL
Norstrem Associates recruits key financial and administrative professionals for companies throughout Florida. We are one of the most established and longstanding boutique firms in Florida and have been working with upwardly mobile professionals since 1998.
Our client is a PE backed multi-location manufacturer and supplier to the homebuilding industry. This established company has enjoyed steady growth through the years and now with the PEG's help the company is poised for significant further growth. We are recruiting a to help lay the foundation for organic growth as well as some add-on acquisitions. One of the first priorities will be to migrate the accounting function from an outsourced service into an in-house function.
The Controller will manage the accounting, treasury and operational finance functions. Reporting to the CEO this role will be responsible for migrating the accounting function in house and creating timely, accurate and scalable accounting and reporting processes.
· Assist in implementation of accounting software and integrate into company's workflow system.
· Create effective close schedule
· Oversee month end close and generation of monthly reporting packages in accordance with GAAP.
· Prepare meaningful and insightful MD&A to accompany the monthly reporting package.
· Oversee/prepare monthly financial analysis & planning as well as initiating and maintaining the annual budgeting process.
· Manage relationships with CPA Audit firm, suppliers & vendors and banks.
· Maintain communication and information lines with the CEO and PEG.
· Maintain and continually improve internal financial controls and processes.
· 10+ years mix of public accounting/private industry experience in a Controller role
· Demonstrated experience converting cash basis financials to accrual based GAAP financials
· Excellent technology skills to include commonly used accounting packages and MS Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
· Experience in a manufacturing industry dealing with cost accounting and inventory costing issues necessary. Experience in the home building or building materials industry a plus.
· Top notch analytical skills
· Executive level written, oral communication and presentation skills required
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree is preferred
· CPA Certification very strongly preferred
For consideration please submit a resume in MS Word format or contact: