Topic: General Posts

Subject: Controller position - North Atlanta
Antonio Ribeiro
Member: 2016
Submitted on 03-05-19 4:01 pm
My Client is a European manufacturer with operations in the U.S., and they’re seeking an accounting and finance leader with a manufacturing and cost accounting background to join the leadership team for the U.S. division in north Atlanta, GA.

Summary:

The Controller will report to the CEO and will be responsible for the entire end-to-end accounting cycle of the company. This includes month-end close, financial reporting to the parent company in Europe, budgeting, treasury, as well as developing internal control policies and procedures. The position’s duties are defined but not limited to the below description in Responsibilities. This is a good opportunity from someone with an accounting background that would like to give the next step into a controller position.

Responsibilities:

·         Responsible for all Finance & Accounting matters of the corporation

·         Prepare and present monthly/annual financial statements and reports in accordance to U.S GAAP

·         Analyze and prepare internal reports to parent company and headquarters

·         Lead month end closing and revenue recognition processes

·         Analysis/Reconciliation of all general ledger accounts, bank accounts and financials

·         Perform research and analysis to determine trends, estimates and deviations

·         Make necessary journal entries related to financial statements and supporting documentation

·         Orders, fixed asset, accrual, budget and inventory analysis deviation and control

·         Assist business units in project cost and revenue analysis

·         Manage treasury and cash flows for corporation and perform cash projections

·         Overview & approval of receivables and payables

·         Control and administer corporation’s credit lines and bond needs

·         Manage corporation’s tax matters, including annual filing and audits in collaboration with CPA firm and corporate headquarters

·         Coordinate and manage corporation’s property and liability insurance needs and renewals

·         Manage relationship with banking, consulting, brokerage and insurance partners

·         Oversee expense report platform while performing internal audits, analysis, review and processing expense reports

Basic Qualifications:

·         Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or related field required

·         MBA and/or CPA preferred but not required

·         5 years’ experience in an identical accounting/finance role is required

·         Outstanding knowledge of complex accounting concepts, procedures and understanding of U.S. GAAP

Professional skills and abilities:

·         Experienced problem solver with exceptional analytical skills and ability to meet demanding deadlines

·         Ability to work under pressure and with different stakeholders and business units

·         Experience in working independently in a multinational corporation environment with a hands-on mentality

·        Formidable proficiency on Microsoft Office applications with highly advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint

·         Excellent written and verbal communication skills

·         Notable presentation skills and experience in presenting to senior management and executives

·         Knows how to interact with accounting and online banking software

·         Experience in the Energy & Manufacturing business preferred

·         Bilingual in English/Portuguese is a plus

·         Experience with Baan LN by Infor and SAP Concur is a plus

Candidate must be currently eligible to work in the U.S and will not require visa sponsorship in the future.

COMPENSATION:

Compensation commensurate with experience and abilities.

Local candidates only please.

For initial consideration please submit your resume along with your thoughts on what sparks your potential interest to ajcribeiro@comcast.net. All inquiries will be dealt with in confidence. A more detailed description will be reviewed with qualified candidates. This is an outstanding opportunity for the right person.

Replies
Lisa VanPatten
Member: 2003

Subject: Re:Controller position - North Atlanta

Submitted on 03-12-19 12:24 pm.
Hi,

My husband and I are moving to Atlanta from Princeton, New Jersey as his company is relocating there which is one reason I was drawn to this position.  The other reason is that I've had a long career in various industries but I tend to always go back to the one that I truly love which is manufacturing.

I have held the position of CFO for publicly traded and privately held companies with substantial international experience.  During these years I have developed and built highly effective teams running the accounting, FP&A, HR and IT departments.  During my career as CFO, I have raised close to a billion dollars through VC funding, private equity, debt financing, PIPE transactions and IPO’s.  I have also had experience performing due diligence and valuations for various M&A transactions that I completed. The one company that might be most relevant to this position is a company called Swissray.  They are an X-Ray manufacturer that sold equipment all over the world but was manufacturered in Switzerland.  I held the position of CFO at Swissray.

If you are interested in exploring this opporunity further, please let me know and I can forward you a copy of my resume.

Best Regards,

Lisa VanPatten

OUR SPONSORS:

cfo