Topic: Toronto, Canada
Do you want to work in the fastest growing global industry with a team of experienced entrepreneurial business leaders poised to capture a significant market opportunity in one of the largest and fastest growing medical cannabis marketplaces in the U.S. and Canada? Our client offers an energetic, fast paced, fun and rewarding business environment – if you have the passion and energy, of course.
If you are a CA/CPA (Canadian designation or have U.S. CPA) potentially with an MBA, have 10 years plus experience in publicly traded companies, a solid track record in a high level, rapid paced growth entrepreneurial environment(s), with “multi-state” ramp up expertise, keep reading please. This is an organization that is revenue positive out of the gate. Rare in this space.
Our client will soon be a publicly traded company with established retail presence in 6 states to date, multiple provisioning licenses, 200+ employees to date on a rapid growth trajectory. Additionally, two cultivation licenses (more coming). Our client offers a solid track record of medical cannabis production, processing, combining retail and healthcare expertise aligning patient care with an organizational customer excellence experience.
The CFO reports to the CEO and is accountable to the Board of Directors. As the number one financial leader, the CFO is responsible for all financial decision-making that affects the Company, and provides strategic financial input to the executive team. As the overseer of the overall accounting process, the successful CFO will play a key role in developing and implementing financial processes and procedures to improve and maintain the financial health of the organization. Build out of accounting/financial team and drive through virtual management skills.
· Contribute to the business strategy of the Company and lead the execution of the overall financial strategy; Work closely with the CEO and Executive team, integration of retail, distribution, production, royalty and corporate;
· Assess the current financial/accounting teams across all divisions and operations to ensure alignment with the right skills/abilities and personalities to maximize business efficiencies and costs;
· All public reporting required by the listed stock exchange including the OSC, TSX and investors and shareholders; management of stock, debenture and warrant ownership information;
· Corporate budget development and management; consolidation of financial information of all operating divisions;
· Cost benefit analysis, risk analysis, forecasting, financial planning, implement financial dashboards with appropriate KPI’s;
· Analysis, due diligence re: merger, acquisition and divesture opportunities; lead due diligence evaluation process and preparation process along with same process for securing of new funding as required;
· Manage financial controls and accounting procedures along with the accounting team; hire, mentor, manage, coach and develop the accounting team;
· Ensure full transparency over the financial performance of the company
· Provide advice on how to increase revenue and reduce costs; review shared services options within the finance/accounting teams in all offices;
· Effectively and clearly communicate potential risks and/or liabilities in a timely manner;
· Propose action plans to ensure that annual financial objectives are attained;
· Support the CEO with leading financial information, dashboard overview which supports the results of monthly and annual financial plans; ensuring accurate corporate consolidation of all financial data per division;
· Manage and maintain DSO of billings and client payments ensuring accuracy;
· U.S. and Canadian GAAP and IFRS compliance, along with all other tax filing obligations are timely
· M&A due diligence expertise and solid deal track record to compliment CEO.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Professional accounting designation (CA/CPA or CMA/CPA or U.S. CPA); along with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and/or MBA preferred;
· IFRS expert skill level;
· 15+ years of progressive experience in a senior financial leadership role;
· 10+ years of progressive expertise with North American public companies;
· Relevant cannabis experience is an asset;
· Advanced technology skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics SL financial reporting software; system evaluation, integration and implementation experience required.
· Results-oriented, strategic thinker and planner.
· 10 plus years of experience with a North American public company in a fast moving/thinking/ growing start-up plus environment; Has earned respect and has established relationships with the investment community; financial road shows; management of investor relations process including consultants or employees;
· Strong business and people motivator/leader, with a solid financial management track record and strong innovative business acumen;
· Exceptional communicator engaging relationship builder;
· Demonstrates loyal and ethical conduct;
· A team builder that achieves strong performance management;
· Is an effective, credible, problem solver, with bench strength as an analytical and strategic thinker;
Our client offers competitive compensation package with equity opportunity. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Final candidates may be required to undergo a security screening process as part of the selection process.