Topic: General Posts

Subject: Sage Intacct
Debbie Davis
Member: 2012
Submitted on 05-02-19 9:32 pm
Hi.  I am working with a client who has just purchased Sage Intacct accounting platform. I was looking to see who may have experience with SAge Intact and Setting up a Chart of Accounts.  I would like to get a better understanding from an actual user.  

The company is in the business of scanning, selling of equipment and scanning software. I would appreciate any time you may have to speak with me.

Replies
Ed Borkowski
Member: 2001

Subject: Re:Sage Intacct

Submitted on 05-07-19 9:59 pm.
Debbie,  Our Company has recently gone through the set of SAGE Intacct.  Our Assoc Director of accounting set up the new GL accounts.  Email me your contact infor at borkowski@avidrp.com.  I will talk to him and see if he is willing to help.

Best Regards,

Ed Borkowski

Bucks Montgomery Chapter

Jason White
Member: 2016

Submitted on 05-30-19 4:01 pm.
Hi Ed,

I'm interviewing for a Finance position which will ultimately oversee the integration of the finance/accounting department of a sister company. Combined revenue is about $30M. As you can imagine, the first project is to choose an accounting platform. One uses Sage and the other is Quickbooks. Not a big fan of Quickbooks, but I'm not sure if Sage is the right tool for a company that earns its revenue almost entirely from projects. Think engineering meets construction meets art in big venues such as large hotel lobbies, airports, and cruise ships. They do about 100+ projects a year. Would Sage be the right tool for this or do you have any suggestions?

Thank you for your insight!

Jason White

jasontwhite@gmail.com

Pauline Dumas
Member: 2019

Submitted on 06-05-19 11:59 pm.
Jason - saw your note on Sage. Sage has many versions -- 100, 300, X3, Intacct -- their cloud version. Intacct could handle project account but if depends if the company is OK with SaaS accounting software versus a traditional server / desktop application. 

https://www.sageintacct.com/project-accounting-software

Rauli Garcia
Member: 2016

Submitted on 06-07-19 5:15 pm.
Jason,

Another thing about Sage Intacct is that it's built to integrate with other software to create the most effective technology stack for the business.  Intacct has a partner market place where you can see other types of Project Software that already have integrations built with Intacct.  

-Rauli

Dan Gallas
Member: 2001

Submitted on 06-09-19 10:47 am.
Jason,

All great comments and certainly agree with each of them. As suggested, I echo the add'l investigation of both Sage 100 and Sage 300 which was previously issued and marketed as Master Builder and Timberline. Both can handle traditional and granular Job Cost, Project Mgmt. as well a variety of other specialized industry specific reports that cater to the A/E/C & R/E industries. 

Kindest regards,

Dan Gallas

Janet LaBarbera
Member: 2005

Submitted on 06-29-19 6:52 pm.
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend an Intaact consultant who can provide in-house training?

Thanks!

Aaron Odle
Member: 2015

Submitted on 07-08-19 5:50 pm.
Hi Janet,

Our company has been using Intacct for about 5 years now and have mixed reviews, but overall much better than the software our clients that we onboard were previously using.  We specficially work in the Financial Industry and have clients with $100m-$5b in assets under management.  There are different partnerships within the Intacct platform and we are considered an SAIP partner meaning we implement the accounting platform, and then take over the ongoing accounting on the platform that we built.  I wouldn't dare call myself an expert, but have been in the weeds with the Intacct platform long enough to know what works and what doesn't work well.

I worked with a few contractors that helped us with our learning curve in Intacct.  Two top companies I'd recommend:

WipFli (based in Washington DC I think)  https://www.wipfli.com/   Rebecca Hurst

Incubator Finance (based in California)   http://www.incubatorfinance.com/   Jim French

There are a lot of companies out there, but these are the best I've dealt with and have been extremely helpful for our company over the past 5 years.

I hope this helps,

Aaron Odle

Bridgeview CFO Solutions, LLC

OUR SPONSORS:

cfo