Topic: General Posts

Subject: PEO - We are 150 plus organization expected to double in 3 years
Greg Breetz
Member: 2002
Submitted on 09-13-19 8:20 pm
Interested in hearing any with stories, positive or negative about your use and experience with a PEO.  

Likely candidates would be Insperity or ADP.  

I have a huge proclivity to not want to do this, but also letting the HR consultant have some say in this.

Very interested in hearing what experiences anyone with groups this size have.  

Thanks

greg@breetz.net is the personal email for me and best to keep my company name out of this for now.  

Replies
Ed Schultz
Member: 2002

Subject: Re:PEO - We are 150 plus organization expected to double in 3 years

Submitted on 09-16-19 9:35 pm.
  I have had some great experience with Trinet, which has a full service office in Denver.  My company has 30 EEs with multiple states and various HR/Benefit/Compensation challenges.

Joe Carino
Member: 2014

Subject: Re:PEO - We are 150 plus organization expected to double in 3 years

Submitted on 09-25-19 7:36 am.
Based on my experience and what I have heard from others, PEOs are best suited for very small organizations who don't have or can't afford to have the skill sets internally (e.g., payroll, benefits, compliance, etc.).  Based only on your current employee numbers and your gowth rate (but not factoring any other criteria like industry, centralized/remote employees, etc.), I suspect you are way beyond a PEO and should probably consider having the expertise in-house.  

Also, one of the biggest downsides of PEOs are cost.  If you do a quick cost analysis for your current staffing level and your expected growth, compare that to the cost of hiring empoyees or strategic partners (as independant contractors) to handle the same resposibilities.  Good luck!

OUR SPONSORS:

cfo