Topic: General Posts

Subject: experience with SAP Concur?
Nancy Del Riego
Member: 2011
Submitted on 02-14-20 5:20 pm
Do you have experience with SAP Concur?  Is it compatible with Quickbooks?  How would you rate the application?  Thank you.

Replies
Joe Oringel
Member: 2006

Subject: Re:experience with SAP Concur?

Submitted on 02-17-20 10:49 pm.
Nancy,

Our consulting firm (Visual Risk IQ) helps finance and audit people see and understand their data. We regualrly take T&E expense data from Concur, Expensify, QuickBooks and more, and bring it into visual tools like Tableau and PowerBI. Happy to set a call and demonstrate the kinds of analysis that we've helped others with. What are you looking to do? Streamline reporting? Lower the cost of travel booking? Increase compliance with preferred rates?  

Before suggesting whether Concur is a good fit, I'd be curious how many employees you all have, whether you're using Corporate Liability cards or personal (i.e.individual) credit cards, and probably a few other Q's. 

But yes, getting data from Concur to QuickBooks is easy-peasy, and there's an automated interface that makes it nearly one-click. 

Is that worthwhile? Depends what you're aiming to do.

Joe Oringel

Vincent Pagano
Member: 2020

Submitted on 02-23-20 12:06 am.
I have been using Concur for years.

Pretty satisified, as it is user friendly, easily interfaced with ERPs (not sure about quickbook, but it should be feasible with any accounting software), has a nice mobile app users enjoyed. On the downside, it didn't allow their clients to develop their own reports, and having reports developed is expensive, and you get little flexibility when implemented.

But it is an expensive tool, but with more competition on the market, it can be difficult to justify its higher cost, if you are not looking for the high end solution.

Depending on the size of your organization, you can look for alternatives, which can be meeting you needs at a lower price.

Nancy Del Riego
Member: 2011

Submitted on 02-23-20 1:34 am.
Thank you for your response.  What more economical but good solutions do you recommend?

Vincent Pagano
Member: 2020

Submitted on 02-24-20 5:57 pm.
I have personnally only used Concur, but the Corporate office of my previous company had implemented Mobile Xpense (https://www.mobilexpense.com/) for a fraction of the monthly cost, and seemed to be able to achieve about the same results as with Concur.

It could be worth putting them in competition for your business.

But there are more softwares on the market: A few known names are Expensify, Certify, Paylocity, Abacus. I have no experience with any of them, but maybe some other members with experience with these softwares can chime in.

OUR SPONSORS:

cfo