Topic: General Posts

Subject: Payables in the age of Covid
Dennis Conroy
Member: 2013
Submitted on 03-30-20 3:38 pm
For those of you who until Covid-19 were paying payables with paper checks, how are you processing over the next 60-90 days? Doing them all by credit cards/wires? Any system recommendations? 

Replies
Tom Schipper
Member: 2019
Subject: Re:Payables in the age of Covid

Submitted on 04-06-20 11:00 am.
Trying to understand the question here.  Are you concerned the checks might be transferring virus?  Given what we currently think we know about the virus this is zero risk to low priority risk factor.  Unless the payee has requested something differently I would continue use the same payment method as before.

Dennis Conroy
Member: 2013

Submitted on 04-07-20 1:29 pm.
Sorry I wasn't clear. What I am looking for is guidance from folks who have rolled out A/P automation tools - Bill.com or Beanworks or other soultions. What should I be thinking about that maybe I haven't.  Best Dennis 

Doug Sandor
Member: 2008

Submitted on 04-07-20 7:47 pm.
I used Concur expense module for 4 years and would recommend you check that out. It's comprehensive and customized to your organization's processes and work flow.

Rohita Land
Member: 2020

Submitted on 04-08-20 12:10 am.
I use Online Banking....so basically I enter the vendor information in the Payment area of the Chase site and process payments that way.  Its basically Bill Pay, where the bank sends a paper check for me.  The checks are funded immediately.  There are typical check protections on bill pay checks as well. 

Ken Pelan
Member: 2004

Submitted on 04-13-20 10:54 pm.
Contact your bank and set up an ACH ccount. You will need to obtain bank info from you vendors, routing #'s and account #'s. But once its set up ypu eliminate a great deat of paper. 

Rob Katzman
Member: 2009

Submitted on 04-30-20 6:31 pm.
There are multiple service providers in the payment space.  Many can accept a single payment file from your ERP and execute Card, ACH, Electronic Check or Paper Check methods.  The card based vendor payments often generate a rebate.  Please call me direct if you would like to discuss further.  

Rob Katzman 804 221-2379

OUR SPONSORS:

cfo