Topic: General Posts

Subject: ISO Cash Flow Forecasting tool recommendations
Duane Dorn
Member: 2019
Hope all are safe and well during these times.

I am looking for some recommendations/input on a Cash Flow Forecasting tool to implement within my business.

We are a small lab/med device businesss with domestic reveunce of <$50M annually.  Currently operating on QB, but also looking to upgrade here in the short term.

Looking for tool that will work with QB, but is able to work with other systems when we transition.  Need ability to provide 13 week forecast along with ability to run scenarios, given different business trends.

Thank you in advance for your recommendations.

Duane

Replies
Matt Clark
Member: 2013

Subject: Re:ISO Cash Flow Forecasting tool recommendations

Submitted on 08-13-20 7:25 pm.
Hi Duane - I have a couple of 13-week cash flow forecasting models in excel that I will be glad to share with you.

Excel does not directly integrate with QB but maybe you could set up an excel template that you could download into from QB.

I haven't seen any cash flow models that integrate directly with QB (although I haven't looked for one). If you find one, I would be interested in it also.

Please let me know if I can help.

Best regards,

Matt

Matt Clark

mclark@veritascfo.com

404-931-7166

Atlanta, GA

Matt Clark
Member: 2013

Submitted on 08-13-20 7:28 pm.
One more idea ... you might want to post your request in the nightly newsletter in the 'Requests for Assistance' section ... your request will be sent to a much broader audience and you might get more relevant recommendations. I've posted a few requests in the newsletter and members are typically responsive with either answers or advice.

Hope this helps.

Matt

Michael Chen-Young
Member: 2017

Submitted on 08-22-20 2:27 pm.
Hi Duane,

I've been using a tool for a few years called Jedox with another healthcare lab to do their revenue collections (cash and accrual basis) and P&L. We get data extracts from both QuickBooks and their Billing system.

Shoot me an email at Michael.Chen-Young@aligniqllc.com if interested; I'm happy to show you if it helps.

Best,

Michael Chen-Young

Jay Boyle
Member: 2011

Submitted on 08-26-20 8:11 pm.
We use Decision Critical for all of our clinets budgeting and scenerio planning.  

It builds a robust operational model that creates 3 statements as well as many operation reports.  It is not very suitable for a 13 week cash forecasting model but it does a great job for long term planning and doing what if analysis and decision making.

https://decisioncritical.pro/

Guillermo Birmingham
Member: 2018

Submitted on 09-11-20 1:11 am.
I use Cash Flow Tool, it fully integrates with QB Online and Quickbooks Desktop.  

www.cashflowtool.com

I use it in my CFO Services practice.

Guillermo A Birmingham, CPA

B2B CFO

Steve Parkes
Member: 2018

Submitted on 09-14-20 3:51 am.
Cash Flow Frog (www.cashflowfrog.com) intergrates with QB. I haven't used it but a friend who owns a bookkeeping service uses it and I think she likes it. It comes at a very reasonable price point from what she told me.

There is also another tool that I've seen a demo on called called Trovata.io which is a more sophisticated tool that can accomodate businesses of all size and multiple currencies, etc

Good luck

OUR SPONSORS:

cfo