Topic: London, United Kingdom
I have been contacted by a US FENG colleague Linda Fonner about a role for a financial services organisation in Manchester, details below.
Please email Linda Fonner, email@example.com directly if interested.
Phillips & Cohen Associates (UK), Ltd.
Job Title: Head of Finance, International
Responsible to: CFO
Responsible for: Int’l Finance Department
Interfaces with: PCA Colleagues, Clients and Suppliers
Location: Exchange Quay, Manchester
Last updated: August 2020
Phillips & Cohen Associates, Ltd., is an international financial services organization and a change agent in the estate account management space. With unique product offerings, PCA boast an extensive range of financial service products for international markets. These markets include the UK, Ireland, Spain, Australia/NZ, and Germany. As the result of a high growth phase the company are currently undergoing, PCA have a newly created need for a Head of Finance, International to lead the International Finance Team
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the incumbent will oversee all facets of accounting operations and deliver timely and accurate financial information to the appropriate internal and external constituencies. The Head of Finance, International is also responsible for directing the organisation's financial policies by overseeing the team and the financial functions including the following: accounting, budgeting, forecasting, cash management, payment processing & remittance, taxes, financial reporting and audit.
- Review & Approval of monthly management accounts and associated sign-off of balance sheet reconciliations for regular submission to the CFO for all entities
- Compare management accounts against PY, BU, FC (MoM and YoY)
- Dashboard of key KPI’s for Management/Business Stakeholders
- B/S Reconciliations, transparency on open items leading to reduction of open items (KPI)
- Use of Think-Cell to automate dashboards
- Create Portal for all B/S reconciliations (Preparer, Reviewer)
- Oversight of UK Payment Posting Manager on accounts payable, invoicing, remittances, refunds, suspense and associated reconciliations.
- Oversight of Finance Director on management of accounts receivable, bank reconciliation, general ledger and general accounting functions.
- Planning and Budgeting Processes
- Implement planning process, lead budget process-including target setting, challenging status quo and ensuring realistic budgets
- Drive the forecasting process with reasonable predictive and effective risk and opportunities
- Review & Approval of payroll, taxes, and daily cash forecasting.
- Dashboard for Management/Business Stakeholders
- Actively engage and drive all external audit and tax engagements for International markets, including any remediation efforts.
- Proactive approach to “pre-audit” and being solutions oriented
- Training new hires on Audit approach and the importance
- Use of checklists and document repository
- Standardize processes and procedures over accounting and internal control processes, including global chart of accounts and potential upgrade or new system implementation.
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, specifically their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Oversee and coordinate with the Finance Director and Controller the month-end, quarter-end, and annual closing activities including journal entries and monthly accruals.
- Assist with Standardized Chart of Accounts
- Assist with potential ERP Transition
- Assist with speeding up the M/E Close
- Review of Accruals and variance analysis
- Reduction of manual JE’s and move to Automated Solutions
- Drive business performance cost control and working capital maximization.
- Revisit all cost elements and active participation with vendor onboarding
- Assist with automated Travel and Entertainment Solution
- Contribute to planning and onboarding of new clients.
- Assist in driving investment in expansion of international markets
- Cultivate great managers and leaders through leadership behaviours including highest aspirations, courage to trail blaze, balanced optimism, agile, resilient and never complacent behaviours.
- In partnership with the CFO, research, develop and deploy future geographies and actively participate in due diligence processes.
- The ideal candidate should be a degreed qualified CA with at least 8-10 years of relevant finance experience in an international capacity, including exposure to professional services and/or business process outsourcing. With a strong technical accounting background as well as a business partner mindset, the candidate should possess the ability to positively influence the business and effect changes while managing stakeholders across countries and cultures. The individual must be comfortable with getting into the details, cleaning up problems as well as project management and working with ambiguity – especially in an environment of international expansion and start-up operations. A preference for Spanish, Portuguese or German is preferred, but not required.
*Key attributes; Commitment; Compliance; Compassion; Innovation; Communicator; Consistency; Strategic Thinker; Proactive; Confident; Documentation; Decision-maker; Controls; Currency; Financial Statements; Audit;
We look after the personal information you provide to us, if you would like to know more about how we use your data you can read our ‘Privacy Notice for Candidates’ which is available at www.phillips-cohen.co.uk/careers
Proprietary & Confidential to Phillips & Cohen Associates, (UK) Ltd.