Topic: How to Leverage FinTech in Asset Management, Family Offices and RIAs
Featuring Stephen Van de Wetering, founder and CEO of Empaxis Data Management
Points Covered in the Presentation:
• Discover areas of opportunity to leverage fintech
• How to properly implement fintech solutions
• Pitfalls to avoid when adopting new systems
• Sticking with legacy systems vs. buying new
• Buying new systems vs. building in-house
• Project management tips
• How to make migration easier
• Third-party vendor management tips
• Best practices for hiring fintech talent
About the Presenter:
Stephen Van de Wetering is the founder and CEO of Empaxis Data Management, a financial technology and operations outsourcing services provider for wealth and asset managers, family offices, hedge funds, banks and financial institutions.
Prior to launching Empaxis, Stephen got his start in the industry working in operations at Pacific Life and PIMCO, as well as consulting for Advent Software (now SS&C). Stephen holds a bachelor’s degree in Economics from the University of Southern California.
Seeking a chair for the Family Offices SIG, please write to [email protected]
if you are interested in volunteering and becoming a leader in your field.