For those of you missing the fun, camaraderie and high quality wines, engaging speakers and good Italian food which were once a quarterly occurrence at Shampers in London, you are in good company. Although the days of actually meeting in person may seem like a distant memory, there are some signs that things are slowly returning to normal, however not likely before September 2021 it seems.
Following on from the successful event we ran in December 2020, where Tim Syrad presented a flight of wines from Rioja, on Tuesday 10th of August David Buton's friend, Tim Green, MD of Sommelier’s Choice, will present a summer showcase.
How will this work?:
1. Zoom meeting. Charlotte Leslie, from The FENG HQ has arranged a virtual meeting to which members can connect using their PC, laptop, tablet or phone.
2. Many thanks to the generous sponsorship from Accountagility for this event. Here are the wines we will be sampling along with the suggested food pairings:
- Primo Brut NV Nino Franco: Focaccia with parmesan.
- Muscadet Signature 2014 Domaine du Haut Bourg: ideal with mussels, oysters or prawns.
- Rioja Crianza 2017 Alcaudon: Spanish charcuterie and Manchego will pair well.
- Moscato d’Asti 2018 Giacomo Bologna Braida: Grilled white peaches with cinnamon mascarpone.
3. We will preserve the networking aspects of the FENG using our "break-out rooms” where you’ll be joined by other members at random.
If you have any questions about your wine order, please write to: