Topic: Neurology of Equity and Inclusion
Speaker: Amy Jeffers, Founder of Flourish Training
- 5:30: Room opens
- 5:35 - 5:45: Chapter updates and general info about groups attending; introduce speaker
- 5:45 - 6:15: Presentation
- 6:15 - 6:25: Q&A
- 6:25 - 7:00: Attendee introductions and networking
- 7:00: Adjourn
Inspired by the work of Paloma Medina, this workshop will demystify equity, diversity, and inclusion using neurology (yay-science!) as its foundation.
What we will cover:
- Unpacking the neuropsychology of equity and inclusion
- Understanding how E&I impact our health and performance
- How ingroup/outgroup bias shows up at work, and how to change our habits for the better
Amy Jeffers is an Equity & Inclusion educator and founder of Flourish Training. She helps organizations build the foundation for creating more equitable and inclusive workplaces through understanding the role our brains play and what tends to get in the way of that goal (hint: it’s called bias)! Her approach combines neurology, nerdy research, quiet reflection, and humor to re-envision workplaces that foster belonging. Amy’s background includes leading top-performing teams within the recruiting industry, building local, regional, and national DEI efforts, and facilitating organizational change through training, development, and authentic leadership.