Joint meeting with The FENG Fort Worth and FEI Dallas Chapter. Advance registration is not required for this event.
Topic: Age Discrimination in Today’s Market for Talent
- John Casey, Managing Director, John Casey & Associates, LLC
- Bob Walker, The FENG Dallas Chapter and Ft. Worth Chapter Chair, and FEI Dallas Career Management Chair
Join John Casey and Bob Walker for an in-depth discussion around the topic of "Age Discrimination." Highlights will include the following allowing for Q&A at the end.
1. It is Against the Law but it Exists anyway
2. What Overqualified Really Means
3. Underlying Issues and Counters to Each
- We can’t afford your compensation requirements
- We need technologically astute employees (Artificial Intelligence, etc.)
- We need long-term players
- We are undergoing rapid change and need high energy employees
- Work life balance is difficult in our situation
- We need enthusiastic self-starting team players
4. Strategies to Counter these Underlying Issues
John uses his functional and industry experience coupled with his talent network to help companies find financial, operations and sales talent. His career focuses on servant leadership, which combines his ability in finance with a passion for selling and for helping others. John seeks to build new relationships with CFOs and CEOs needing help in finding talent. John is the Founder and Managing Director of John Casey & Associates, a boutique talent firm providing general management, financial and human resources consulting and interim staffing services. His firm specializes in helping manufacturing, distribution, retail, professional services and energy companies. Prior to working at Hudson in an executive search role, John held executive positions in several large companies including Pepsico, Brierly Partners and Doskocil. John was the Co-leader of Tatum\'s Dallas office and is the founder of CEO Netweavers, the largest CEO networking organization in the US. John has an undergrad degree from Georgetown and an MBA from Harvard.
Bob is a retired Investment Advisor with over 20 years’ experience in the financial services industry. He is a Registered Financial Advisor and Portfolio Manager assisting businesses and individual clients in developing and implementing workable strategies to help them reach their financial objectives. He was named in Texas Monthly as among the top 7% of advisors in Texas, and in the top 3% in Dallas in 2010 and 2011 by Five Star Wealth Manager. Bob began his career at Arthur Young, CPAs, and was an international banker for 15 years at a major money center bank in charge of Europe and the Middle East. He has been a CFO at several companies. As a former accountant and CFO, Bob’s distinctive qualifications and experience work to help improve his clients’ positions. He is a graduate of the Thunderbird Graduate School and Northern Arizona University. He holds a Masters Degree in International Management and Business Administration.
If you have any questions about the chapter, please contact:
Dallas Chapter Chair