Topic: Best Practices for CFOs in M&A Transaction Preparation and Execution
Speaker: Rick Wilson, Managing Director, Crutchfield Capital
CPE credit: 1.0
Prerequisites/advance preparation: None
- 7:30 am – 7:45 am: Chapter Announcements and Self-Introductions
- 7:45 am – 8:45 am: Speaker's Presentation
- 8:45 am – 9:00 am: Networking
a. Course Contents: The presentation will cover:
- How a CFO should prepare in advance for a sale process to ensure the best outcome for the seller;
- Working with an investment banker;
- Making a sell-side quality of earnings decision;
- Constructing the financial model and developing the “story”;
- Key value drivers for private equity sponsors;
- Closing and post-closing challenges.
b. Learning Objectives:
Gain an understanding of what a CFO should know to enable the best outcome in the sale of a business.
Rick has more than 30 years of experience assisting clients in achieving their financial and strategic objectives. He has advised more than 100 companies in seller representations, buyer engagements, and valuation and litigation assignments in both growth and distressed situations. His industry experience includes diverse sectors such as human capital services, energy services, real estate, financial services, manufacturing and distribution, and other business services.
Prior to joining Crutchfield Capital, he was a Managing Director at De Bellas & Co. and GulfStar Group. Beginning his career as a Certified Public Accountant at Ernst & Young, Rick later joined First City National Bank of Houston, where he was a Senior Vice President and Senior Credit Officer responsible for complex debt restructurings, credit and workout policy, valuation, accounting, and regulatory issues. Additionally, he led several large, distressed loan syndicates and was involved in numerous bankruptcies, foreclosures, and restructurings of both public and private entities.
Rick holds a B.S. in Accounting and an M.S. in Finance from Louisiana State University. He is licensed with FINRA as a General Securities Representative, a General Securities Principal and a Financial and Operations Principal.